Enquire Online / Call Us On 01204 655 866 / Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s no denying it, neon signs can be a great addition to your home or business, as they have a unique appeal. However, they do require a certain element of care. While neon signs are generally very safe, it is still worth making sure you take the right steps in treating your sign with caution. Knocking one over or not being experienced in correct installation could turn into a potential fire hazard. To help reduce the risk of such fire hazards, here are some top tips to follow.
Keep them away from children
If you have children, you know that everything probably becomes a danger or a hazard in some way. Your neon sign is no exception, so make sure that it is fixed out of reach of the little ones. With a bright, attracting light, there’s no doubt your kids will be drawn to it so it’s best that they can’t touch it. Have your neon sign fixed to a wall at a height they can’t reach; if they are placed in lower places, you’ll run the risk of your children knocking into it or playing with the glass tubes.
You wouldn’t let your child play with a plug socket, so don’t let them near your new neon sign!
Don’t overload the plug sockets
This is a safety aspect that you should always consider in your home. Overloading plug sockets can cause overheating which in turn increases the risk of a fire breaking out. When plugging in your neon sign for the first time, make sure you’re doing so in a safe plug socket, particularly if you’re plugging it into an extension lead.
Be aware of what else you have plugged in; the appliances or devices should never exceed the maximum current rating for your extension lead.
Never cover your Neon Sign
Covering your neon sign is a big no, especially when it is plugged into the mains or switched on. By covering the sign, you could encourage it to overheat and this could increase the risk of a fire too.
Make sure your neon sign is clear at all times, and kept away from anything flammable. Keeping your neon sign clean is also important both for safety and to ensure it looks great at all times.
Get professional help with mounting
Perhaps the most important part of looking after your neon sign is when you first mount it on your wall. If you are inexperienced, it is best to bring in a specialist installer who can do the work properly. That way, it will be more secure and safe. We can help you to get in touch with a neon sign installer if you need one.
It’s also important that you don’t modify your sign in any way; messing around with the tubes or other components can result in damage or danger!
By following each of these steps carefully, you will not only ensure a lower level of fire risk but will also greatly extend the life of your neon sign. Treat your sign with care and respect, and clean it regularly.